ASSE product certification testing may only be performed by ASSE approved testing laboratories. All arrangements for testing must be made directly between the manufacturer and the laboratory.
Guangzhou IAPMO Laboratory Co., Ltd
Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
IAPMO R&T Lab
Kiwa Nederland B.V.
Rijswijk, the Netherlands
Ann Arbor, MI
New Hudson, MI
Stevens Institute of Technology
Los Angeles, CA
Paso Robles, CA
How to become an approved laboratory
- Review the Seal Control Board Procedures, Section 15.
- Review, complete and submit the laboratory application. The following documentation must also be submitted with the appropriate application:
- Resumes of laboratory personnel
- Equipment information
- Quality documents and manual
- Two completed ASSE Laboratory Evaluation Report Forms
- Map showing the physical location of the laboratory
- Color photo of the front of the laboratory building
- Upon receipt of the above materials, ASSE International will schedule and conduct an initial laboratory audit.
- During the audit, the ASSE inspector will complete the following paperwork:
- Laboratory audit report form
- Basic equipment by standards checklist
- Checklist reviewing requirements to the latest edition of ISO/IEC 17025
- Upon completion of the initial audit, the listing agreement and all documentation will be evaluated by ASSE staff, reviewed by the ASSE Plumbing Testing Laboratory Committee, and balloted to the Seal Control Board.
- Upon completion of the ballot period, ASSE will notify the applicant of results.
- The initial application fee (whether the application is approved or disapproved) is $1,500 plus all travel expenses for the initial audit.