Welcome to the Award-Winning ASSE Northern Ohio Chapter Web page!
ASSE Northern Ohio chapter
Welcome to the Northern Ohio Chapter of ASSE International webpage!
On this site you will find the history of the Chapter, Officers List, and names of Directors.
We also publish associate organization's Newsletter links, copies of presentations from some of our joint training sessions, along with latest Happenings at the Chapter for that month, a complete schedule of upcoming meetings and events, and Links to our advertisers, sponsors, affiliated or interesting organizations.
For your convenience, we also archive the last twelve months Newsletters, the "Connex-It," for easy reference. All "Connex-It" Newsletter are in PDF format and can be downloaded for use.
Please take the time to peruse this Website and contact us if you have any questions. If you wish to join our organization, click here to become a member. Our motto is "Prevention Rather than Cure."
Welcome again, and good reading!
A MESSAGE FROM YOUR NOH CHAPTER PRESIDENT
As spring has come to Northeast Ohio and the Northern Ohio Chapter is finishing up its chapter meetings next week on May 26th, I would like to say that this first year of chapter meetings standing alone has gone well. When the Board first decided to go the route of hosting its own meetings, the main objective was to gather all people and organizations involved in the plumbing industry in one place to discuss and educated each other on what is facing the industry today.
That objective has been met to a certain degree this year. Where I feel we are lacking is reaching some of the non-traditional plumbing industry that may need it the most. It is my opinion is it’s not through a lack of effort on the chapter’s part to reach these people, but because they don’t realize how important there job is in protecting the health of the nation. For too long the plumbing industry has been beat down as being too regulated and that you don’t need to know anything to be in plumbing, and we have allowed this to happen. So I for one will be focusing in on this as we move forward to next year’s meetings and events in the hope that the plumbing industry will once again be recognized for its contributions to our great society.
I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions on this subject. Please email at email@example.com.
President of the NOH Chapter of ASSE
2016 Schedule of Events
|2016 ASSE International Annual Meeting||Nov. 8-11, 2016||Bally's Las Vegas Hotel and Casino|
- May 2016 "Connex-It"
- March 2016 "Connex-It"
- September 2015 "Connex-It"
- May 2015 "Connex-It"
- April 2015 "Connex-It"
- March 2015 "Connex-It"
- February 2015 "Connex-It"
- April 2013 "Connex-It"
- January 2015 "Connex-It"
- December 2014 "Connex-It"
- February 2014 "Connex-It"
- January 2014 "Connex-It"
- December 2013 "Connex-It"
- November 2013 "Connex-It"
- October 2013 "Connex-It"
NOH CHAPTER SPECIAL PROJECT:
secretary / Treasurer
board of directors
Kenneth J. Kerr, IPP/FASSEKerr Marketing Agency
Edward Lyczko, IPP/FASSERetired - Cleveland Clinic Foundation
Richard J. Prospal, IPP/FASSEProspal Consulting Services, Inc.
Patrick Sugrue, IPP/FASSERetired - EPS Supply
Thomas WannerCleveland Plumbing Industry Fund
Advertisers and Sponsors:
Cleveland Plumbing Industry (C.P.I.)
Kerr Marketing Agency, Inc.
Lakeside Supply Company
Other Links of Interest:
Tajikistan Revisited: Rudaki Central District Hospital Progress Report
Listen to Rich Prospal speak about ASSE and World Plumbing Day on WERE 1490am’s “America’s Work Force”
NOH Chapter Membership Dues
New Member: $50
Government (Proof of Employment Required): $60
Sustaining (Organization/Corporate): $300
Download Membership Application (PDF)
Pay Dues Online
ASSE Mission Statement
1. Developing and maintaining consensus product performance and professional qualifications standards whose sole purpose is to protect the health of the public.
2. Developing and maintaining active product seal control and professional qualifications credentialing programs.
3. Providing interactive platforms on the local, state, national, and international levels to receive, understand, solve, and provide guidance regarding legislative, engineering, installation, workmanship, and manufacturing challenges as they are related to enhancing the health and safety aspects of plumbing.
4. Promoting public awareness about the importance of safe and correct plumbing installations.
- Letter from CPI
- Plumbing Code Questionnaire
- NOH Chapter Support letter
About an "Ohio-ized" version of the UPC:
- Diesel Fuel Oil Systems- by Mark Drow & David Eoff,
Preferred Utilities Manufacturing Corp.
- NFPA 99, 2012 Changes - by Scott Lisec, Compliant
Healthcare Technologies, LLC
- Condensing Boilers: Maximizing Their Value in Application
- by Jeff Deal, CEO, Hamilton Engineering, Inc.
- Steam to Water Heat Transfer - by David Cronin,
- Water Reuse Systems - by Highland Tank
- Lead Free Legislation - by T & S Brass and Bronze
- Grease Interceptor Sizing - Sean Duffy, Schier Products
- Reverse Osmosis (RO) Basics – by Nitin Chauhan
- Water Heater Piping Strategies – by AERCO, Int.
- Ohio Plumbing Code Updates – by Jack Soma
- PDI Certified Interceptors – by Dennis Foley
- Water Efficient Plumbing – by Gunnar I. Baldwin,
TOTO USA Inc.
- The Pipeliner Presentation
- Freeze Protection of Fire Suppression Systems
- by Mark Hall, Tyco Thermal Controls
- PDI - Grease Interceptors – by Rand Ackroyd
- Design of Special Waste Piping and Neutralization Systems
– by Paul G. Galvin
- Storm Water Mgt. Sytems - by Craig Cawrse,
Cawrse & Associates.
- Steam to Water Transfer - by David Cronin, Spirex/Sarco
- Solar Thermal Energy Technology and Market Trends
- Radiant Heat Technology - Part 1
- Radiant Heat Technology - Part 2
- Radiant Snow Melting
- Tankless Water Heaters
- Residential Fire Sprinklers - by Rich Prospal
- Viking TotalPac2 -FireFlex Dual / 1230
- "Scalding Issues Associated
with Low Flow Fixtures"
- by Ron George
- "Fuel Gas Systems" - by Ron George
- Northern Ohio Regional Sewer District Presentation
- ASPE Water Reclaim Presentation
- Basics of Water Purification session
- Commercial Water Reclamation
- Thermostatic Mixing Valves
- ASTM Burn Rate Test Method
- Anatomy of ANSI A117.1 & ICC Codes
- Barrier-Free Fixture Trap & Supply Cover
- School Fires Research
- CSST Training Session
- Fire Protection Systems
- ADA Compliant Fixtures
- Condensing and Non-Condensing Water Heaters
- ASPE Payback Calcs for above heaters (.xls)
- Grooved Piping Systems
WATER AND ENERGY SAVING TIPS