ASSE product certification testing may only be performed by ASSE approved testing laboratories. All arrangements for testing must be made directly between the manufacturer and the laboratory.
IAPMO R&T Lab
Kiwa Nederland B.V.
Rijswijk, the Netherlands
Ann Arbor, MI
New Hudson, MI
Stevens Institute of Technology
Los Angeles, CA
Paso Robles, CA
How to become an approved laboratory
- Review the Seal Control Board Procedures, Section 15.
- Review, complete and submit the laboratory application. The following documentation must also be submitted with the appropriate application:
- Resumes of laboratory personnel
- Equipment information
- Quality documents and manual
- Two completed ASSE Laboratory Evaluation Report Forms
- Map showing the physical location of the laboratory
- Color photo of the front of the laboratory building
- Upon receipt of the above materials, ASSE International will schedule and conduct an initial laboratory audit.
- During the audit, the ASSE inspector will complete the following paperwork:
- Laboratory audit report form
- Basic equipment by standards checklist
- Checklist reviewing requirements to ISO/IEC 17025
- Upon completion of the initial audit, the listing agreement and all documentation will be balloted by the ASSE Plumbing Testing Laboratory Committee.
- Upon completion of the ballot period, ASSE will notify the applicant of results.
- The initial application fee (whether the application is approved or disapproved) is $1,500 plus all travel expenses for the initial audit.